Why We Chose the Name "Cultural Savvy"
"Culture determines what is acceptable or unacceptable, important or unimportant, right or wrong, workable or unworkable. It encompasses all learned and shared, explicit or tacit, assumptions, beliefs, knowledge, norms, and values, as well as attitudes, behavior, dress, and language."
Read more: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/culture.html
Savvy describes someone as knowledgable, experienced, well-informed, perceptive, clever, intelligent, wise.
Cultural Savvy was founded in 1999 by Joyce Millet, and is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Our mission is to assist clients become culturally savvy, build effective global human capital, and create strong global relationships that enhance their business results.
The Cultural Savvy Approach
- Integrates the benefits of consulting, training and coaching
- Assists clients develop global cultural competence and a global mindset
- Creates important awareness of the consequences of culture and how the lack of cultural competence can significantly impact the company's effectiveness and success
- Gives clients the tools to immediately begin building practical and sustainable skills to work effectively with colleagues, customers and stakeholders across cultures by improving communication and building solid, long-term relationships.
Our Global Reach
Asia-Pacific, Philippines, India, Southeast Asia, Vietnam, Australia, MENA, South Africa, the Americas, Europe, Russia. Our GLOBAL TEAM of experts is bi-lingual and multicultural and can assist clients in English plus a number of languages, including: Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuuese, Russian, Spanish, Vietnamese.
Cultural Savvy Team of Experts
Cultural Savvy's global partners and associates are the key to our success. We work with highly respected experts to deliver proven solutions to our clients. For over 15 years, Cultural Savvy has focused on building a global network of highly trusted, experienced and professional trainers, coaches and consultants in more than thirty countries. By leveraging this global expertise, we are able to partner our clients with experts that can best meet their business needs and and help them address the many challenges that can arise from cultural differences. The Cultural Savvy Team works with small and medium‐size companies as well as with major companies around the world, including most of the Fortune 1000.
Our Team's Areas of Expertise
- Orientations - introduction to cultural awareness
- New hires cultural orientations
- Country & culture-specific
- Building & sustaining global virtual teams
- Global leadership development
- Diversity & unconscious bias solutions
- Coaching – all levels of the organization
- Mobility – preparing expatriates for global assignments and repatriation
- Knowledge & skills transfer
- Train-the-trainer programs
- Global etiquette & protocol
- Speaking services: keynote, conference presentations, retreats
- Diplomatic & corporate events
Cultural Savvy Clients (partial list)
AAI, Accenture, Allergan, Allstate Insurance Corporation, American Century Investments, Inc., Anritsu, Ashton212, Asurion, Axia Limited, Baxter Healthcare, Inc., BE Aerospace, Boeing Company, Bookham, California Lutheran University, California Micro Devices, Cargotec, Clorox International, Coherent, Credence Corporation, Cummins, Inc. UK, Custom Sensors & Technologies (CST), Dole, Equity Management Inc., Electro Scientific Industries, Inc., FEI Company, Firth Rixson, FormFactor, Inc., FujiFilm Dimatix, Genesys, Global Knowledge, Hewlett‐Packard, HGST – a Western Digital Company; Hitachi OMD, Imerys, Impax Laboratories, Inc., Inamed Corporation, IMG, Investcorp International, Inc., iRobot, Jabil, Kinaxis, Kodak, Kokusai Semiconductor Equipment Corporation, Kyocera Wireless Corporation, Landmark Graphics, Lockheed Martin, Macromedia, McKesson Technology Solutions, Micron Technology, Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Netsuite, Nokia, Novartis, OCE, OncoGenex Technologies, Inc., OSI, Parfums Christian Dior, PayPal/Ebay, Poly One Corporation, Publishers Clearing House, Raytheon, SAIC, Samsung, Sealed Air, Inc., Serco, Space Systems/Loral, LLC, Spirit AeroSystems, StanCorp, Stratus Technologies, Supply Technologies, Synovis, Tasman Networks, Terex, Toshiba Corporation, Trelleborg, 24 Hour Fitness, US Green Building Council, United States Olympic Committee (USOC) Beijing Olympics, Williams Information Technology, Inc., YFAI.