Etiquette & Protocol
Year of Rooster
Cultural Savvy in USA TODAY
Savvy Trains USOC for Beijing Olympics 2008)
Cultural Savvy specializes in assisting Americans and Chinese companies develop Best Practices for working effectively together both in the U.S. and in China.
Challenges for Chinese Companies: The news is full of information about Chinese companies
establishing operations in the United States (and around the world), many through mergers and acquisitions.
"When presented with a list of five potential challenges and asked to indicate if the item was a major challenge, a minor challenge or not a challenge, nearly all business leaders (92%) agree that overcoming the cultural differences in the way business is done was a challenge for their company. In fact, nearly half (45%) say that cultural differences presented a major challenge to their company's market entry."
~Chinese Enterprises in the United States, China Daily 2013
Other Areas Highlighted:
- Talent acquisition and retention
- Training, managing and motivating employees
- Selling to global customers
- Communication challenges
- Building a culturally-intelligent hybrid corporate culture within an acquired company
CULTURAL SAVVY'S U.S. - CHINA SERVICES
- Executive briefings/coaching for senior management
- Design of learning solutions for Chinese and U.S. companies
- Coaching/training for Chinese companies working in the U.S.
- Coaching/training for U.S. companies working in China or with Chinese
- Special coaching/training for HR directors of Chinese companies in the U.S.
- Expatriate coaching for U.S. and Chinese expatriates
"WORKING EFFECTIVELY WITH AMERICANS" Sample Workshop
- Overview of culture and its impact on business behavior and communication styles, including common misperceptions and stereotypes
- Major cultural differences that directly impact communication
- American Engilsh
- Aspects of doing business with American employees, customers, stakeholders
- Cultural diversity in America
- Major cultural differences that directly impact communications
- Work situations where misunderstandings most often occur
- Comparative look at American and Chinese management styles
- Building practical and sustainable business and social skills
- Successful meetings and effective presentation skills
- Analyze best practices of successful Chinese companies in the U.S.
- Open discussion of participants' special concerns and interests
"WORKING EFFECTIVELY WITH CHINESE" Sample Workshop
- Increase the participant's competency and confidence in understanding and working with Chinese counterparts
- Present an overview of culture and its impact on business behavior and communication styles, to include common misperceptions and stereotypes relative to U.S. and Chinese business styles
- Analyze aspects of doing business specifically with China, to include an understanding of Chinese values and culture, the historical foundation of Chinese beliefs, perceptions and business behavior
- Identify differences in U.S. vs. Chinese management styles, presentation skills, motivational strategies, and conflict resolution styles
- Acquire skills to effectively and productively communicate with Chinese nationals, to include business and social contexts, reflective listening and feedback skills, practical discussion, negotiation and meeting strategies
- Identify and practice key skills and behaviors to facilitate communication and teamwork between U.S. and Chinese managers, customers and colleagues
- Develop cross-cultural awareness and gain important knowledge about The People's Republic of China
- Understand Chinese etiquette & protocol
- Essential Mandarin expressions to enhance rapport with Chinese customers
- Analyze "Best Practices" of successful global companies in China
|CONTACT US to discuss how our training, consulting, and coaching services can help your company become culturally savvy.